This is a delicious cake to make during strawberry season! Made with fresh strawberries, this wonderfully moist cake also has Greek yogurt in it, as well as butter, for a rich, pound cake-like texture. It's topped off with a creamy glaze and if you like, you can add extra strawberries in the center for a finishing touch!
STRAWBERRY YOGURT BUNDT CAKE WITH CREAMY GLAZE adapted from A Spicy Perspective
Makes a 10" Bundt cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced or cut into small chunks (measure strawberries after they've been cut into chunks
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour a 10" Bundt or tube pan; set aside.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then stir in vanilla.
In small bowl, blend flour, baking soda, and salt.
Alternate beating the flour mixture and the yogurt into the butter/sugar mixture in the large bowl. Fold in the strawberries, gently mixing them into the batter (the batter is fairly thick).
Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake at 350˚F for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan 20 minutes before removing, then let cake cool completely on wire rack. While cake is cooling, you can make the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk or half and half
- Extra strawberries for garnish, if desired
Fresh strawberries are such a treat in baked goods–do you have a favorite strawberry recipe you make during berry season?