This is a wonderful dip I found at Allrecipes.com. If you like corn, cheese, and sour cream, then you are sure to like this! I modified it a little by adding some garlic powder, a little cumin, lime juice, and a little extra jalapeno juice I saved from the can. It's perfect for a casual party or get-together, and it's so easy to prepare. The jalapenos and jalapeno juice make it mildly spicy–if you want a spicier taste, just add more jalapeno juice to the mixture.
For a creamier dip, use the lesser amount of shredded cheddar cheese; for a thick, hearty dip, use the full 3 cups of cheese.
COOL, CREAMY, CHEESY CORN DIP by Cottage Flavor, adapted from Allrecipes
- 3 (11-ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained (I used Green Giant Mexicorn–you can also substitute regular corn and add about 1/4 cup each finely diced red and green bell peppers)
- 1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped jalapenos (from a jar or can, drained–save 1 to 2 Tablespoons of jalapeno juice to mix into dip later)
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1 cup (8-ounces) light or regular sour cream
- 3/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 cups (8 to 12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (if you want a creamier dip, just use 2 cups; for a thicker dip, use 3 cups)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons jalapeno juice (saved from drained jalapenos)
- 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice, optional
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
I like it best served with the tortilla chip scoops myself. Enjoy!
Linked to Full Plate Thursday.