Cranberries and pears are two of my favorite winter fruits. With all the rich foods we eat during the holidays, it's a nice change making something a little more healthy...like a smoothie. Smoothies are wonderful for breakfast because they're so quick and easy to make. I thought the pear and cranberry combination would be good together...and perfect for this time of year! Without the honey, this smoothie has a very light sweet taste, naturally sweetened by the pear. If you like sweeter smoothies, you can add some honey as indicated below.
CRANBERRY-PEAR SMOOTHIE by Cottage Flavor
Makes about two 8-oz. servings
- 1 medium to large pear, cut into small chunks (about 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium banana, broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk or soymilk
- 1 Tablespoon honey (optional)
- Additional cranberries for garnish (optional)
What types of healthy foods do you like to enjoy during the holidays?